I am Mika Molenkamp
... a game programming student from the Netherlands. Currently, I'm in my final year of the Creative Media and Game Technologies programme at the NHTV University of Applied Sciences.
Want to get in touch?Choose your weapon:
- Best Programming Student of Year 1 at NHTV University of Applied Sciences
- Exiles of Auriga: Best Game Programming, IGAD Awards 2016-2017, NHTV
- To the Core: Best Game of Year 3, IGAD Awards 2017-2018, NHTV
Specialization & Interests
I try to try everything! For example, I have...
- Built a big game with an even bigger team, and released it on Steam
- Ported & optimized a game for Nintendo Switch
- Programmed a custom engine from scratch in C++
- Made a dynamically updateable art museum, with graphical tools
- Written gameplay and UI code for various projects
- Done some web dev, like this website
- Developed a networked multiplayer game
- Created designer-facing tools (e.g. scene editor, particle editor)
More about mePersonal interests include video games (obviously), LAN parties, cryptography and cybersecurity, server administration, pizza, D&D, and learning about hardware.
A random sample of my favorite games, in no particular order: (refresh the page!)
- The Beginner's Guide
- Heroes of the Storm
- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
- Neverwinter Nights
- Night in the Woods