I am Mika Molenkamp
... a game programming student from the Netherlands. Currently, I'm following the Creative Media and Game Technologies programme at the NHTV University of Applied Sciences.
Want to get in touch?Choose your weapon:
- Best Programming Student of Year 1 at NHTV University of Applied Sciences
- Exiles of Auriga: Best Game Programming, IGAD Awards 2016-2017, NHTV
- To the Core: Best Game of Year 3, IGAD Awards 2017-2018, NHTV
I'm trying to stay open for everything for the moment. For example, I have...
- Built a big game with an even bigger team, and released it on Steam
- Programmed a custom engine from scratch in C++
- Written gameplay and UI code for various projects
- Done some web dev, like this website
- Developed a networked multiplayer game
- Created designer-facing tools (e.g. scene editor, particle editor)
More about mePersonal interests include video games (obviously), LAN parties, cryptography and cybersecurity, the occasional convention, server administration, pizza, D&D, and learning about hardware.
Some of my favorite games, in no particular order:
- Don't Starve
- Elite: Dangerous
- Heroes of the Storm
- Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
- Super Motherload
- Neverwinter Nights
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
- Night in the Woods
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon