Run, jump and dash your way through levels filled with obstacles and hazards. Fight through heaps of enemies to save your father and set record times.
My role in this project
In this project, I've taken on the role of lead programmer. It was certainly a challenge, but one that I welcomed, and learned a great deal from.
Over the course of one year, I supported five other programmers, and reported progress to the producer and other leads. We worked with Unreal Engine 4, and my goal was to provide support for the team wherever possible.
My responsibilities on this project included:
- Write tools, pipelines and guidelines for others to use (e.g. code style, first-time-setup guides, code review guidelines, ...)
- Set up and maintain automated build systems using Jenkins
- Provide and receive constructive feedback for team members
- Facilitate the code review process, to provide learning opportunities, and ensure quality tech
- Report progress, setbacks and roadblocks to the producer, and work with the team to resolve them
- Be the main contact for the Steam release, and integrate Steamworks features in the game
- Best Game of Year 3 - IGAD Game Awards 2017-2018